Sunday, April 06, 2008

Who Knew?

Clearly not me - not even close. UCLA and UNC showed up for a basketball game and unfortunately for them a track meet broke out and they had no answer.

I swear, the way Memphis is playing right now they could possibly make the playoffs if you threw them into the NBA's Eastern Conference. My gosh they are playing well and I'm not sure anyone can beat them right now. And Derek Rose - you kidding me? Forget Collison and Augustin (both of whom he has dominated in the last week), this guy is emerging as THE guard in this league and he just may well play himself into a number 1 or 2 pick in this year's NBA draft. He's got a great team, but he makes that great team tick.

It was amazing to see UCLA look just as lost and outclassed as Texas did against Memphis - they were identical games.

Although the games were blowouts it was entertaining to see both Kansas and Memphis simply drive the ball to the basket on every possession - neither UNC nor UCLA ever figured out how to respond to that aggressive play.

I'd like to say Monday's game will be a great run, especially if both teams come out with the same intensity as they did in their respective games on Saturday....but I've been saying that for the last two rounds and we've had almost nothing but blowouts. So I'm not.

If you missed it - Friday's post is below. Enjoy the game on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home