Saturday, March 29, 2008

And Then There Were Eight...

All in all, a fairly dull Sweet 16 round with exception to West Virginia/Xavier - unfortunately I missed that one. My theory is that if the more "boring" any given round is, the more exciting the following round will be - I'm guessing that we'll some very tough, close games this weekend. 

I can't tell you how impressed I was with Texas last night - probably one of the best games I've seen a Texas team play in 2 years. Augustin showed why he's a first team All American. Even Pittman had a tremendous 12 minutes or so, where his true impact won't show up on the stat sheet. Great game. 

Now we get the match up everyone was looking forward to when the dance started - Texas vs. Memphis. I do think home court will be the difference in this very close, but exciting game. Texas by 3 or less. 

My bracket is officially done - half my final four teams are out and I had Tenn in the championship game...so I'm guessing I'm essentially out of it. I'm taking UCLA in a close game over Xavier - Bruins get some sort of BS call to pull it out. I'm taking Louisville to be the team to send the first number one seed packing - close game, but Louisville offense too much. In one of my brackets (a free-bee one at a restaurant/bar) I actually have Nova upsetting Kansas so I'm going with that upset as well. 

On an NBA note...

Lakers are making me F'NG CRAZY!!! They have, by a mile, the easiest schedule to close it out and they drop 2 consecutive home games to Memphis and Charlotte. That's pathetic. I hate to say it, but this is all on the bench/supporting cast. Ugh... I really hope they can go on some crazy run and win 9 of their last 10 or something. Number one seed is important to this very delicate team. 

Great Simmons post this week (you'll also find a link to his column in the left-hand list of links on this blog):
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080326


More to come later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home