Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This Just In...

No sooner than I publish my post did the great, wise Charlie Brown inform me that Jamaal Charles is leaving for the NFL draft. I must say I am a bit surprised by this. He'll certainly get drafted and I'm sure he'll do well once he gets around some of those NFL coaches, but again, I'm a tad surprised.

Obviously I want him to come back, but honestly, I think another year would have done wonders for him. I'm sorry to see him go as he really could have made a big national splash going into next season, but oh well. I like McGee and like his speed, he's just not going to step in and pick up where Charles left off, not by a long shot. I'm also hoping the Big O can step in and start establishing himself as an every-down back. We shall see, but hopefully this will also open the door for recruiting.

Also announced was the fact that Larry MacDuff is leaving after just one year as co-defensive coordinator and assistant head coach. I have to wonder if MacDuff is playing fall guy though. Knowing Mack Brown and his antics like we do, this could have been presented as he's "leaving" while in reality he was "forced" out. Not sure if this will have any impact whatsoever except that there won't be a "co" in front of Duane Akina's title.

Anyway, the real post is just below - continue reading and enjoy.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home