Thursday, September 25, 2008

Old School

That's what it will feel like to some fans on Saturday. Memories of rough battles in the SWC days - and oh how times have changed. I think Arkansas comes out swinging, but at the end of the day I don't think they'll be able to stop the Horns' offense.

They're definitely a team that can put up some offensive numbers, but I think the system has a lot to do with that - their problem is they're not a very organized team. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them, like the past 3 Texas opponents, put up a lot of yards (350+), but not a lot of points. That concerns me down the road, but it will get the job done on Saturday. After all, the Hogs had to come from behind in the fourth quarter to beat Western Illinois (at home) and Louisiana-Monroe.

I think Texas rolls this weekend (and next) - Colt puts on another show and the young secondary has somewhat of a coming out party with a couple of picks.

Texas - 49
Arkansas - 16

There are some good games on this weekend...but first I must touch on this.

Oregon State - 27
USC - 21

Can I just say it again please - this is precisely why there should be no official polls until October. Think about how pissed Georgia fans are - we got bumped in the polls, after winning our games, for this team? Either way, you get the picture. And another thing - Oregon State is horrible. Their freshman running back played great, but they tried to give that game away. And OSU coaches, I promise you there's a better backup kicker out there..I promise.

Either way, great upset for college football - parity is good and upsets are fun - let's just hope it ends there.

Tennessee at Auburn - Well who the hell knows what's going to happen here! I really believe Tuberville has more "in the coaching tank" than Fulmer and can get more out of his players. I think this game is controlled completely by Auburn. You know, ugly, low yardage, low scoring - they will dominate the line of scrimmage. The Fulmer downfall continues.

Auburn - 16
Tennessee - 9

TCU at Oklahoma - Don't worry, I'm not delusional and I don't think TCU will pull off another stunner. But, I do think this is a good game for OU before heading into conference play. TCU will definitely come out with passion, but I just don't see them hanging with OU's offense for 4 quarters (or 3).

Oklahoma - 37
TCU - 22

Alabama at Georgia - I don't know...I'm just going to say I've got a hunch here.

Alabama - 24
Georgia - 22

Sorry for the short one this week - back on Sunday recapping the weekend. Enjoy the games (and the music).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great game last night, although I had violent Quentin Griffin flashbacks from that OU game a few years ago...some little guy that kept running up the middle...

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home